Top Ten Stickers for Planner Beginners
Posted on June 29 2015
Being a planner newbie is extremely overwhelming! Between the million planner sticker Etsy shops, Michaels, Joann’s and sticker sheets made by planner companies themselves, it can be hard to know where to start and before you know it, you’ve spent a small fortune on stickers alone!
But I am here to help! In my opinion, the most important stickers for any planner to have in your collection are functional stickers, and I’ve compiled a list of my top ten functional stickers and where to find them.
1. Money: Using a planner can help keep you on budget and make sure your bills are paid on time. I keep track of these things with just two simple stickers: payday and bill due.
2. Urgent: All stickers indicate important things in my planner, but for those things that are extra urgent and needed tending to yesterday, I like to use an exclamation point or alarm clock.
3. Doctor’s Appointments: Whether it’s the dentist, ophthalmologist, or just a yearly checkup, those appointments are important and absolutely warrant some sticker space in your planner.
4. Work Schedule/School Assignments: If your schedule changes each week, marking it down in your planner can be really helpful to be aware of all your shifts. And I can’t tell you how many times an assignment sticker has saved me for school!
5. Birthdays: Birthdays are important…and also very hard to remember sometimes. But you can use a cake, candle, present, or balloon to mark off the birthdays of the important people in your life.
6. Paw Prints: Paw prints are a great way to signal vet appointments, flea treatments, and trips to the groomers.
Oh, Hello Stationery Co.
7. Health: I’m not always the greatest at this one, but I watch others use stickers for tracking workouts, or as a way to meal plan, or evaluate daily water intake. I’m working on getting into these stickers, but I think they are important and can change how you think about taking care of your body.
8. Hair Appointments: It’s an appointment that my bangs can’t afford to miss, and for that simple reason it’s worth it to me to have a sticker to remind me.
9. Car Maintenance: One simple car sticker can be used for oil changes, tire rotations, and those pesky appointments you have to make when your A/C stops working.
10. To-Do: Tons of people use their planners as running to-do lists and stickers can help with that. Lined full box stickers, heart checklists, or even just a simple sticker that says “to-do” can keep you on track with your tasks for the week.
One of my favorite places to find these functional stickers are the Create365 Happy Planner sticker books found at Michaels. This is one of the best and only functional sticker book options available in stores.
I also adore the Etsy shop Oh, Hello Stationary Co. Kayla makes some amazing functional sets in bright, beautiful colors that are high quality and wonderful starters. She plans diligently in her own planner and understands what people look for in planner stickers.
Oh, Hello Stationery Co.
The second is Peacefulmind Design. Although they are located in Australia, shipping was really quick. And even if it wasn’t, Nicky’s package sticker deals are so worth it – my favorite are the “create your own mini sheets” where you can choose your own colors and icons from a pretty extensive list.
Of course, Limelife Planners offers a variety of professional quality sitckers.
I would love some feedback from all my planner friends – are there stickers I’m not thinking of? Are there brilliant shops I’m missing out on? Let me know down below in the comments!
This blog post was written by Kelly Cosgrove for the Limelife Planners Media & Creative Team. For more information about Kelly connect with her on Instagram: @kellysprettyplanner. Please share and repost this blog entry with your friends! All we ask is that you give credit to Limelife Planners and the post author.